A lot of our customers are hardcore off-roaders – they’ll brave even the toughest off-road locations.
That said, it’s important to remember that successful off-roading comes with planning.
In this post, we’ll be covering the basics of off-roading and the Tampa 4 wheel parts you will need from our store.
What You’ll Need For Your Vehicle
Make sure you always bring:
- Tow hooks
- A snatch strap
- A winch
These are going to come in serious handy if and when someone gets stuck. Yes, that sentence implies others will be going with you – we recommend you always go off-roading with some buddies. The chances of getting stuck or stranded are far too high, and the consequences of getting lost by yourself are far too dangerous.
If someone gets stuck, use the shovel to dig them out as much as possible. Then, set up the winch, snatch strap, and hooks to finish the job.
For the vehicle itself, be sure to have the right tires. Our Tampa Bay tires for off-roading will do the trick. We can help you find the best fit for your vehicle, destination, and budget.
Window tint is another good idea as it can reduce the glare of sunlight. We provide Tampa window tint services for virtually any vehicle.
Personal Safety Equipment
- First aid kit
- Lots of food and water
- A heavy duty flashlight
- Dry wood, a lighter (and extra lighter fluid), matches, and gasoline
- Fire extinguisher
- Satellite phone or radio that can work out of range
Make A Plan Before You Head Out
Preparation is key.
- Make a detailed plan of where you intend to go, who you are going with, and your off-roading timeframe.
- Make a list of all equipment you should have for your vehicle and your own personal safety. Check each item off once it’s in place.
- Tell someone (better yet, tell numerous people) where you are going and how long you will be there. If something happens and you end up stranded, it will be good to know help is eventually coming.
Finally, have your vehicle inspected by a professional before you go out. Have them check everything, not just your Tampa 4 wheel parts specific for off-roading. This should include:
- All fluids
- The battery
- Axles and differentials
- Belts and hoses
- Heating and cooling system
- Communications equipment
- The engine
And there you have it! Once the above plans and requirements are in place, you’re ready for your next off-road adventure!
Just remember, for all of your Tampa 4 wheel parts needs, come into LINE-X of South Tampa.